Landscape lighting is a vital exterior designing element that can transform your backyard from basic to bling. These lighting solutions illuminate the outdoor living spaces like garden areas, terrace gardens, etc. and add to the overall aesthetics of the space.
The idea and implementation of outdoor landscape lighting has evolved over the period of time. Today, the traditional outdoor landscape luminaires have been replaced by landscape LED lights along with the integration of various other modern lighting techniques.
Here are some important tips people should consider when selecting landscape luminaires:
Type of landscape light
Currently, the market is flooded with various types of landscape lights that are available in various sizes, shapes and designs. This not only provides flexibility to the buyer with multiple options but also allows them to select the most appropriate luminaire as per their landscaping needs. Some popular types of landscape lights include:
• Spotlights: Spotlights emit a directional beam of light and can be installed to highlight various outdoor elements like tress, sculptures, etc. along with other architectural details.
• Pathway Lights: Pathway lights are small posts that have built-in lights. They are the most common type of landscape lighting solutions that are typically used to illuminate the pathways or driveways.
• Bollard lights: Bollard lights are somewhat similar to path lights. They are heavy-duty and great for creating and enhancing the aesthetical look of the space.
• Hardscape lights: These lights are primarily used to wash or graze the walls with the light.
However, it is to be noted that in order to decide on the most suitable light for landscape architecture, it is vital to determine the purpose of the light.
Elements in focus
As mentioned earlier, choosing the best landscape lights is primarily dependent on the purpose it’s going to serve in an architectural design. People can decide on Floodlights or Pole Lights if they aim to illuminate the space uniformly. Similarly, they can also use Path Lights or Bollard Lights for illuminating the pathways and Bush-lights for highlighting the flower beds. For instance, people can buy Fantasy Bollard LED for lighting the pathways or Linear Wall Washer LED by Wipro Lighting to serve as hardscape light.
Favorable lighting techniques
Many landscape designers integrate various types of lighting techniques in order to ensure top-notch space aesthetics. Some of them include:
• Up lighting: It is one of the most basic forms of landscape lighting that typically uses Spotlights or In-ground Lights for highlighting elements like trees or canopies dramatically.
• Shadowing: Uses Spotlights or Floodlights for creating soft shadows and moody effects.
• Grazing: Uses Hardscape Lights or Wall Lights for creating dramatic light and shadow play. It primarily enhances the textures and patterns of the space.
• Path lighting: As the name suggests, it typically uses Bollard Lights or Pathway Lights to subtly illuminate the pathways in a landscape architectural design.
According to the top LED lighting manufactures, landscape lighting is becoming increasingly popular across various residential and commercial verticals. Apart from illuminating the space uniformly, these lighting solutions also ensure alluring night-time aesthetics, convenience and safety.