LED Buyer’s Guide: Recessed Lighting
Artificial lighting is known to largely determine the indoor environment and vibe of a workspace as it can influence the productivity and concentration levels of the employees. Thus, it is imperative for authorities to decide on the best interior lighting solutions in order to ensure proper functioning and optimal conduct of operations.
In such a scenario, indoor recessed lighting is one of the most popular lighting solutions that is being increasingly used in a variety of commercial spaces. It is a modern, practical, multifunctional, and visually-pleasing lighting solution that complements well with the décor and interiors of the space.
However, there are certain points that you should keep in mind before deciding on recessed lights for your workspace. Some of them include:
Type of recessed lighting
There are various types of recessed lighting available in the market today, that too in different styles and colours. Thus, you have an opportunity to choose from a pool of style options. Typically, there are three types of recessed lighting that are considered favourable for commercial spaces:
• Ceiling: It is the most commonly used recessed lighting that is mounted on the ceilings.
• Walls: Recessed lights can be mounted on the walls at specific angles. These types of lights are suitable for illuminating places like staircases, pathways, etc.
• In ground: These are typically used for enhancing the landscape architecture of the commercial spaces.
However, the decision of selecting appropriate light should be made after carefully evaluating various parameters such as need, purpose, tasks to be carried out, light levels required, occasion, personality, etc.
Recessed lighting primarily consists of two components i.e. the housing and the trim. Housing is the actual light fixture that is installed on the ceiling and holds the trim and the light bulb. On the other hand, trim is fitted inside the housing. It provides light and directs it to serve specific purposes.
According to the top LED lighting manufactures, housing and the trim are sized to comprehend each other. Thus, it is important to match specifications before buying.
A commercial space requires lighting for various purposes. For instance, some people may want to focus light on a piece of artwork in art galleries while others may just use it to illuminate the space uniformly. Thus, you should determine the purpose of lighting before deciding on recessed lights. Some of the purposes that recessed lights serve include:
• Ambient lighting: Suitable for places that experience notable traffic and footfall like malls, reception areas, banks, etc. For instance, Immaculate Slim LED or Aura Plus by Wipro Lighting are some of the best recessed lights available in the market.
• Spot lighting: Suitable for places like art galleries and exhibitions as they are installed at specific angles to emit directional light.
Recessed luminaries are aesthetically pleasing lighting solutions that amalgamate novel and modern design schemes. They offer people with an opportunity to transform the workplace environment while taking care of their illumination requirements. Moreover, they ensure a clean, sophisticated and seamless working environment that is best suited for a variety of commercial spaces.