0 %
25 %
50 %
75 %
100 %
x
Drag down so that together we can rise.
Adjust the scale to adopt sustainability.
Saving 10% of energy
Search

TOLL-FREE NO.1800-425-1969

Cross
Cross
GET Our Newsletter

For all the latest industry updates & more, subscribe to our newsletter.

Cross
Quick Query

Got a question? Fill the form & our experts will get back to you ASAP!

Cross
Brochure Download

Please enter your email address below.

$post_data->image_alt
June 25, 2021
Benefits of LED lighting in India

Those days are long gone when the only function of light bulbs was just to emit light, and it was classic in design and structure. Nowadays, the lighting system has gone through a major transformation. These lights are the prime interior factors, with a significant say in the ambiance of any kind of room.

Not just for aesthetic reasons, the evolution of the lighting system focuses on functionality as well, moving from incandescent lights to Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) to finally LED lights. Moreover, LED lights are easily accessible, you visit different LED lighting manufacturers or just shop online from the company of your choice.

LED lighting in India has been completely revolutionized ever since it came into existence. As per a study published by TechSci Research, LED lighting in India was placed at US$ 918.70million in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 24.66 per cent in value terms, during 2016-2022 to reach US$3,758.74 million by 2022.

There are a plethora of benefits of LED lighting in India, but what brought a significant change in the lighting industry were government policies. Such as:

UJALA scheme and Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP)

First, let us talk about Ujala, this scheme was announced as “Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) back in January 2015 and was later renamed as Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA). Their motive is to urge the people of India to use LED lights in place of incandescent bulbs, CFL bulbs and tube lights. The reason behind this initiative was to encourage the use of LEDs as they are more efficient, economical and long-lasting light sources

Then comes EESL, which seeks to install and adapt street light solutions across the country. EESL helps replace the traditional street lights with LEDs with the help of its resources (without the help of any municipalities). It was founded in 2009, and is promoted by the Ministry of Power, Government of India as a Joint Venture of four reputed public-

● Sector Undertakings NTPC Limited

● Power Finance Corporation Limited

● REC Limited

● POWERGRID Corporation of India Limited. 

Now along with the policies, other benefits that were brought to the surface with the help of LED lighting in India were:

Less Energy Wastage with the help of LED Lighting

LED luminaires are up to 80% more energy efficient when compared to traditional lighting and waste far less energy as well. For instance, fluorescent lighting converts around 95% of the energy they produce into heat and only 5% into light. On the other hand, LEDs convert 95% of their energy into light.

An eco-friendly option

One of many reasons why LED lighting is considered to be an eco-friendly option is because they are designed to last way longer than conventional lighting. LED lighting has the potential to last up to 20 times longer than halogen or incandescent light. Hence, LED lights have a positive impact on the environment.

Cost-effective

LEDs are a cost-effective option, they have a longer lifespan upto  50,000 hours, whereas CFL and incandescent lights have a lifespan of 8,000 and 1,200 respectively. Moreover, LED lights relatively face reduced replacement cost whereas incandescent and CFL has a higher cost as it requires frequent maintenance and replacement. The durability that comes with LED light is the core reason why it is so cost-effective.

Way Ahead

The LED lighting solution is gaining popularity amongst the people of the country, with proponents proclaiming that it is a way more sustainable source compared to its traditional counterparts. So, if you are thinking of getting an upgrade, it is always advisable to buy your LED Luminaires from a trusted LED lighting manufacturer.

SHARE:
Related Posts